Being Human

In life we all evolve, it's human nature and this can't be stopped. We are intricate beings with subtle characteristics. 

As life goes on, events around us help to shape and birth who we really are and who we become.
From the moment we were born till when we are destined to leave the earth we all go through a refining process. 
Starts with pre-school to primary school to secondary school to college to university and masters, PHD (if you so wish lol). Constantly trying to gain knowledge to feed our mind and help us grow.
The journey of life is quite beautiful really if you choose to see the beauty in it not the uglyness. Some of us glide and coast through life but you see the journey is one to be enjoyed, each and every moment of it without missing a thing. Do not be in a hurry to live your life. Because as we all know when things are rushed there are bound to be mistakes. 

Now some may think "Ahh life is too short let me just live my life". I once had this mentality too but let me tell you this, every one of your actions will have consequences. You may not see it right away but oh it's coming. 
When my sister passed I developed this mindset, numb to any and everything and I stopped thinking logically. Believe me when I say there were consequences maybe not grave ones but I learnt a lesson that led to me hurting myself even more and broke me even further. Looking back at it now I can talk about it but at the time my bad habits made me feel like I was above and beyond everything and that my decisions were good. Had I carried on only God knows what would've happened to me. Thank God for Jesus. 
I was hurt, broken and possibly everything I can think of. Don't get me wrong some days I still hurt, I'm human after all and not void of feelings. But I do not dwell on it or let it define me at the least. Because there's something greater in me than all my hurt and brokenness. And with time and God the restorer I am an overcomer. Psalm 118:22- The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. 

Hurt is something that is so delicate and possibly the worst type of emotion. But time heals all and this couldn't be more accurate. One thing I'd like to say is this do NOT let society dictate your 'healing time'. This has no time frame so heal at your own pace but don't reminisce too much on the pain otherwise you'll find yourself in same spot. Just like you picking at a scab if you keep touching it, it won't heal and it's still painful. So do not focus on your pain or remind yourself of it rather look forward to your healing. 
Do NOT let your hurt take away your ability to love. Just because someone or something hurt you doesn't mean your humanity should be taken away too. The fact that you are able to love people and care for people is a beautiful thing. Embrace it. Don't be ashamed to be human.

BUT also bear this in mind "Guard your heart above all else for it determines the course of your life"- Proverbs 4:23. Be careful who you let into your space and guard your peace. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone why you do what you do.
This is where we need the spirit of discernment. When you have this then the Holy Spirit in you becomes your guide, your antenna. Helping you root out what's not for you. 
Without the Holy Spirit in you, you're just like a ship without a sail. And this is how some of us become the architect of our own hurt because either we failed to listen or we used our own head knowledge and were led by our emotions (flesh) failing to see red flags. What we may think is good for us because it feels 'right' could only be a disaster waiting to happen disguised as 'saving grace'. So God may decide to teach us a lesson time after time using the same pattern of our weaknesses until we catch that lesson and return to him.

There will be trials and tribulations but the word of God says "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us"- Romans 8:18. Some things we go through are built to test us and build us. So no matter the situation you're going through or gone through do not fret because God has your back if you will just obey him.

I'm just an imperfect human serving a perfect God and I urge you to walk in complete obedience to God and live a life of purpose.

I end on this note: 
Do not be a floater in life, swim through it, ride the waves as it only strengthens you. Be intentional in everything you do and be good to people. Be humble.
Also learn to forgive yourself. As simple as it sounds it is easily one of the hardest things to do. We are our own biggest critic and our mind is the biggest prison we can be trapped in. The moment that you have forgiven others you should also forgive yourself so you do not have to walk around with a chip on your shoulder. A chip filled with guilt and shame.

In a world so fast paced it's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of distractions and the pleasures of life. So through the good bad and ugly always remember who you are and DON'T lose sight of who you are or forget your purpose trying to find something or someone. 

Question for Thought: Who Am I?



Stay blessed.

Signed B x

Comments

  1. This was really brilliant and it ministered to me. I pray God continues to use you to minister to others for His glory and I pray He helps you with all you are going (or have gone) through. God bless you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece. It is a great reminder of how the storms of life either shape us or break us. The former applies only when we obey God, then he's "got our back" ( love this expression) and he lets the circumstance strengthen us rather than shatter us to pieces. That is why I love Jesus! Whenever I face storms( death is a stinger!) and all I see is dark', dark gloom, all hope seems lost and no one to be found ( oh yes! Even loved ones don't stick around sometimes) My Jesus always SHINE through and stretches out his right arm of righteousness. Thanks for this and May God continue to use you as a worthy vessel. Please, keep on doing what you do and touch more lives in a special way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts