The End Of The Tunnel

Hello, hi, bonjour, ciao, konnichiwa, hola :)

I was actually in two minds about writing this post, then I thought about it. You never know who could reach out to at an exact moment when they need it.
Recently I came across this quote "every person is created to be a solution to someone else's problem". So the way someone could be a solution for me, I could also be a solution for someone else. Like the ripple effect really.
So I really do hope I'm reaching out to someone with this post.

In the past few months I have had quite a few setbacks. Never felt so hurt and disappointed and low. If you know me, you'll know I am the kind of person to beat myself up when something does not go according to plan. I would literally cut everyone off, shut myself out from the world/reality with a million thoughts in my head about what went wrong and how could it have gone wrong even though I prepared for it to the best of my ability. I believe I am my own biggest critique. And sometimes this is bad for me because then I lose sight of moving forward from that event and continue to dwell on something that I can't even change.
I always strive for perfection and try to be the epitome of 'everything is great'. I could be bleeding but still find a way to hide it from you. Hmm (laughs to self), don't let anyone ever dictate how you should be. It is actually OK not to be OK. Hey it's life no condition is permanent and whatever it is you go through shall pass, just like seasons. Winter is cold but it's not permanent, while in the summer it's hot and inconvenient but it is still not permanent. So learn to go easy on yourself sometimes and pick yourself up when you fall.

You see I've come to the realisation that pain is a process we pass through in life whether we like it or not. It's all part of growth. You can't have sunshine without rain. And this is something that I've been taught over the last few years and still in school of life for.
Failure is inevitable. It is life. You fail to succeed. So don't get crippled by the fear of failure, as long as you keep trying to get back things will eventually fall into place at the right time.

In life you need to learn to accept your losses where you can, let go of what needs to be and move on. It is not the end of the world when something you wish for does not go through at that exact moment which you wanted it. It could simply mean something greater awaits you or maybe you weren't ready just yet to receive it. As cliché as it sounds.
If you fail, assess the situation, identify your strength and weaknesses and note down how you could make things better the next time. After all there is always room for improvement in whatever we do in life. Look at cars we have new models each year which are better than its previous models. Also computing: Microsoft operating systems. From Windows 98 we now have Windows vista, Windows 7 & 8. See..improvement.
Don't beat yourself up, you are not in a race with anybody else. So really you should just try and be a better version of yourself each time to be the best you can be for you and not anyone else. Everyone's path in life is different so it's no use comparing your success with someone else's. It'll only distract you.

Another thing I failed to mention earlier is that even though pain is a process we go through in life, sometimes our own actions cause it as a result of disobedience to God or any other authority. A quick biblical example: The Israelites should have reached the promised land in time had they been obedient but a 1 year journey turned into a 20 year odyssey. So learn to be humble and be obedient.

On a final note I know how hard it is to let go of certain things even people. But if God has set you free, why go back. This could also cause a hindrance to you moving forward. So take a bold step and walk into your freedom. If something is not improving your life or adding value cut it off, let it go.
Through it all always remember that God is the only constant factor and he knows what he's doing. Let him do things in his own time (His will not yours). Even on occasions that we don't deserve his mercy he still looks out for us (Isn't he just wonderful).
Though sorrow may last for the night, his joy comes in the morning- Psalm 30:5

Do good and be good without expecting anything in return. Have an open and kind heart. The simplest things makes life that much sweeter :)
Keep pushing and don't give up, either on your dreams or whatever you embark upon. Your effort will surely be rewarded.

Your hopes should shape your future, not your hurts. So always remember that there is surely light at the end of your tunnel!



Comments

  1. Well Written Bisi. Such an inspirational work,keep doing the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it encouraged me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad I could make a difference no matter how little. God bless you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts