The Oasis and the Well


Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!! 
I hope it's been a good year so far for all of you. If not the best is surely yet to come. Don't sweat it :)

So the last time I've written any post was in August :O. Loss of motivation maybe? Or no time. I don't even know. That is about to change.
This post should actually have been posted originally last year, it was just in my drafts but hey never too late :)
You see the thing is my work requires me moving around a lot and I know for a fact this has impacted some of my own personal friendships and relationships in one little way or the other. I barely have time for anything and even myself sometimes. But truly I appreciate those that understand me or in the same position because they get it. And when I eventually catch up with them it's like nothing has changed. The best type of friendship ever really, that not even distance/proximity can break. I pray God blesses all my friends for me. I do appreciate and love them all.

Anyway enough of the synopsis. Back to the matter ^_^.
I'll start off with definitions. A well is: a shaft sunk into the ground to obtain water, oil or gas. While an oasis is: a place where you can find safety and sustenance or a fertile spot in a desert, where water is found. Okay so I've gotten that out of the way I hope I still have your attention.
These two things symbolises something. My friends always tell me I love using similes lol well they ain't lying. Life is an analogy itself. And it's honestly one of the best ways of expressing myself as a person, using personal experiences in line with it.

Here's the thing as humans we yearn and long for happiness, sometimes at all cost and any means necessary. Because let's face it who does not want to be happy.
Late last year there was a time I was at what felt like my lowest point because I felt I had lost so much and even myself in the process. I started to search for happiness in the wrong places, wrong things and bad habits. I wasn't my usual self for a while and sometimes my attitude was very nonchalant and plain moody and uninterested in a lot of things. But you wouldn't believe how easy it is to keep up appearances. All you have to do is just smile (in my case take pictures, post pictures) and automatically all is well. No one questions you. Only those very close would notice the unusualness in my behaviour.
Some days I would sit down and ask myself, will I ever be the same? The person I had turned into worried me and it scared me that I might be pushing people away from me until I had no one left.
Then one day I realised I had been doing the wrong things, searching for happiness in the wrong places. I "claimed" to be a child of God but I abandoned my Father.
What's greater than a father's love for his child. Who else can accept you in a broken state, lend you ears to hear your cry, a shoulder to lean on, listen to you when no one else will, comfort you when no else can.
Proverbs 3:5-6- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths.

Our heart is the well, where everything flows through. Which is why we have to be careful of what we let come in and go out. Guard your heart. If you fill it with temporary things you are eventually left empty. Over the past couple of years I developed a bad habit which I broke out of early last year before it got worse. Every time I was upset my solution was to shop or spend money because I saw it as a quick fix and don't get me wrong it made me happy but it never lasted. Buying things I wanted but didn't need just to make myself happy and make up for all the things I was upset about. It only masks things it doesn't actually fix anything and if anything it's a very bad habit that could lead to worse things like debt.
Now don't get me wrong it is good to have great taste in things and treat yourself every once in a while but money should NOT be spent on impulse or be seen as a quick fix for a temporary problem/situation. Be wise with it and be smart with it.
So to whoever is reading this whatever that you may be worried about or upsetting you, my advise is that you take it to the cross, and don't put your trust in physical things or actions and expect it to make you feel better. It won't. Whatever it is that is broken in your life, hand it over to your creator and trust him to handle it. He makes something out of nothing. Let go and let God. Let him lead and direct you. Just worship him in spirit and in truth,
He said:
1 Peter 5:7- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Isaiah 41:10- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Whatever it is that you may be struggling with be it debt, loss, hurt, sickness etc... Take it to the altar and be altered. Speak to him he's always ready to listen. You don't have to be perfect because he said we should come as we are. "God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called".

God is the oasis, you just need to let him into your heart (well). He will fill you with joy, happiness and peace and whatever good things your heart desires. He strengthens when we are weak.




















So if you feel like giving up DON'T. God has not brought you this far just to leave you. Trust me I am a living proof that God is good. My life is a living testimony of his wonders and it is to God I give the glory. I owe him everything. He deserves the best of me because he took me in at my worst when I felt all hope was lost.
If you're like me and don't like to burden people with your problems just speak to God. But I strongly advise you have someone you are accountable to, a spiritual mentor so to speak and someone that can advise you and share words of wisdom with you in the way of the Lord. I'm currently in the process of having a spiritual mentor because let's face it we all need someone we can talk to about certain things other than friends. Pray before making any decisions as well.

We all go through growing pains in life so you don't have to put up a front of happiness and pretend all is well. All you can do is live through it, grow through it and get through it with the help of God. Another thing which I've also learnt is that forgiveness is key. You holding on to a grudge equals you holding on to your blessing and I'm just trying to be realistic here. Let grudges and malice go and you'll receive your blessing. Holding on to such things acts as a mental barrier which means until you let go don't expect to get results or move forward. The relief you'll feel, trust me you'll feel peace that passes all understanding and things will begin to work together for your own good.

Lastly I end on this note:
Philippians 4:6-7- Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

To those who have lost someone recently it doesn't get easier but it will get better. Also I pray for God's peace upon you and may he comfort you and your family. Amen

Signed B x

Comments

  1. This is simply inspiring. May the Good Lord strengthen, empower and establish you in all areas of your endeavour IJN. I am proud of you daughter and I give God all the Glory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring!! A friend sent me this post and never my precious time. I could re-read all over again. Thanks. One thing I didn't get is the analogy of the well and Oasis. Literally, do Well in the desert get there source of water from the Oasis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you so much for reading this. Just to clear up any ambiguity. A well and a oasis in this context was used as a metaphor. Hence why I described them separately but interlinked them. Two separate entities but they have a common factor which is the flow of water. I sort of tailored it for the purpose of this blog. Our hearts being the wheel. In some deserts you do find a well though lol. And oasis are also found in deserts. I hope I haven't confused you any further. If you have any more questions do let me know. And please feel free to share this with your friends :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts