Turn the Page (Closed Chapter)

Hello December :)

Usually when a year starts rounding off, we tend to do some self-realisations/self-checks to reflect on how the previous 11 months had gone and what has been achieved.

I don't know about you but 2019 has been quite the year for me; I had my lows and I had my highs. I've lost some and I've also equally won. I have really learnt so much this year and I stepped out of my comfort zone which was quite refreshing. 
I'm now about to embark on a new journey in my life and I can say I am eagerly looking forward to it with a heart of gratitude and ready to soak in all it has to offer.

You see in life there are no regrets only lessons. So whatever losses you have encountered, flip it into a win. 

Challenge
Do a life SWOT analysis:
- Identify your strengths
- Identify your weaknesses
- Identify opportunities for you to grow personally, professionally and spiritually
- Identify threats to your growth
And with this, watch your quality of life experience exponential growth.

The prospect of a new year can often be daunting because it feels like you have to start afresh but the truth is new year or not, you always have the chance to start afresh. New year does not necessarily mean a 'new you'. Change begins within the moment you decide and commit to it.
Here we are in Month 12; what are you de-cluttering? 
- Always late? How about you start waking up earlier to set off for places (yes I'm on this table too..and I'm shaking it lol).
- Worried about weight gain? Then start eating better, go to the gym..look after your body. You only have one life so take care of it.
- Learn to say no. It's a complete sentence that needs no further explanation. Say yes to you..choose YOU.
- Toxic bad habits and toxic cycles; start breaking them. 
- Learn to not always have the last word even if you are right. Restraint is key and self-control is also a fruit of the spirit- Proverbs 17:27.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Learn not to always take offence at everything...forgive fluidly. It doesn't cost anything. 'Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us'.
- It's not everyday #WeMove..sometimes stop moving. Create time to unwind, life can get so busy that we forget to unplug and just keep pushing. Stop...pause..rejuvenate. 
These are just a few common things that I've named and I'm sure many of us can relate. 

Do yourself a favour; identify your talents, hone it and leverage it. Everyone has been born with talent(s) buried deep within them, you just need to awaken it.
You can buy the prettiest planners and journals with the fanciest pens but if you are not putting in the work that is required, I'm afraid all you have is just a bunch of notes and bullet points on a paper and wasted money. 
Be intentional with your every move and ensure it aligns with your purpose. 
You might also feel like things are not going your way but I encourage you keep trying, your time is coming. Also you do not need to put out someone's else light for yours to shine brighter. Like the sun and moon everything shines in its own time.

So as the year is coming to end, I challenge you to close the chapter on every bad and toxic habit and commit to being the best version of you through Christ that has strengthened you. 

Signed,

B xo

Image result for turn the page

Comments

Popular Posts