Success

 At my last interview I was asked to define what success was. Here's what I said.
Success is what you can achieve with your mind and what you set out to accomplish with it (I believed it and I'm currently still working my way up to achieve my dream). Watch this space ^_^

Many of us think success is measured by material values, if that is your mindset you might just find yourself constantly looking for fulfillment and venturing in futile and unyielding tasks.
Understandably nobody wants to be poor or struggle, I mean let's be honest we all want to be rich at some point in our lives but my proposal to you is what happens after you've accumulated all the riches. What's your next target if you use your wealth as your landmark for success. You'll feel as if you've accomplished all you can and there's no more challenges out there set out for you right?
Set out a goal for yourself not just to make money but to also leave an imprint of excellence wherever you go and whatever you do i.e. something that people will know you by.

"If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough"- Anon. Now that is some powerful statement yet so much truth lies beneath it.
Dreaming big requires taking a bold step and stepping out of your comfort zone into unfamiliar territory. Start coming up with ideas and how you can implement them till they come to fruition. If they scare you then you are definitely doing something right, you could share some of them with someone that may be a bit knowledgeable than you so they can help guide you in the right path (possibly in your chosen career path).
Do not let the fear of failure cripple you because you might just surprise yourself with your achievement when you go for it and overcome your fears.

Have you ever thought of something and thought "Oh I can't do this, I'm just going to leave it and take the easy route" then you end up giving it a go just out of curiosity and you get a positive result. How exactly does that make you feel? Elated and that sense of achievement am I right? 
You assumed you couldn't do it without even giving it a go and you 'thought' it was impossible and it 'appeared' impossible.
This is what fear does. It creates an illusion and puts doubt in us about our own capabilities.

If you can attain your dream then you are not really dreaming big enough. Sounds harsh? Well that's the truth for you undiluted.
Your dream should challenge you and scare you and make you want to do better each time so get your board out, chart your blueprint and start setting your life in motion. 
Don't wait till tomorrow, change starts when you make up your mind and decided that you've had enough of mediocrity.
Big dreams help and make us grow.
Oh and do yourself a favour scrap the word 'impossible' from your vocabulary and always think positive. Nothing is impossible because you won't know until you try.
  
In this world we live in, some of us seem to be more concerned with our physical growth and appearance rather than our mental growth.  
Don't just exist but live. You can still have fun, do whatever you want to do but never neglect your growth. You don't have to be uptight just to show that you are serious about life, you just need to get the balance right.
  
Here's one thing I try to strongly abide by which is: Invest in yourself because no one knows your worth more than you do.
If you ask me I believe no one is too young to invest given you have the right resources. 
And yes success will look different for each one of us so don't ever compare success. Follow the path that you have charted out.

How often do you read educational books? Have you ever taken the step to invest in yourself?
I mean in our society we have a lot of successful men and women I think we can learn one or two lessons from their experiences. You can extract some knowledge from one of the many books out there.
No one is saying you have to take their every word and apply every one of their principles to your own life like a bible, use discretion where necessary by all means. But make sure you recognise the focal points and make notes of them.
I can name so many: Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, Oprah and many more. You don't have to go down the exact path they went through but they once started from somewhere to get to where they are now.
Success is about helping each other, don't be selfish. Lend out a helping hand and many more will come to you even when you least expect it. And one thing I've learnt is that real success is about who you can help along the way. Look at these entrepreneurs I've mentioned and you can find that this attribute is common amongst them.

That being said greatness and success is not achieved overnight or by material things but by our daily habit and what we feed our mind which often translates into physical output.
Feed your mind with positivity and beneficial things so that you can also impart on people around you because if you feed your mind with trash this is exactly what you would be exuding. 

Personally I don't think I've reached where I want to be so I try not to get too comfortable with where I am, so could say I am just getting started because the world is my oyster and nobody said I have to limit myself.

What about you? How successful do you want to be? Dare to dream big?

Comments

Popular Posts